14th July 2022
Social networks are one of the most powerful tools for marketing your business. They can create so many opportunities for leads, conversions and increased traffic. Today on ROAR we are diving into why social media marketing matters in business strategy.
- What is social media marketing?
- What are the benefits of social media marketing?
- Why social media marketing matters in business strategy
What is social media marketing?
Social media marketing is using online social media platforms in your marketing strategies to promote your brand or service. You can use social media to engage with customers and clients and drive traffic and engagement to your website.
Social media marketing strategy is made up of two main focuses, social media listening, and social media monitoring. Social media monitoring is based on the way your content is being received. It follows what consumers are saying about your brand, campaign, or overall company whilst measuring the popularity of these.
Social media listening is monitoring brand mentions and conversations and trends that are surrounding your brand. Listening intently to these conversations presents you with an opportunity to drive change and develop your business. Here you can discover pain points for your consumers. Additionally, you can see any emerging trends or patterns in the way your business is received on social.
Social media is so powerful to share content your online consumers will find interesting or enjoyable. Promote products and services, engage, and handle queries. Overall you can build a strong community of people who are interested in and love your brand.
It has become a platform that businesses can take full advantage of. Not only for the reasons above but to keep an eye on their competitors. You can see what they’re up to and how they’re using social.
What are the benefits of social media marketing?
- Increase brand awareness and authority: social media is one of the best low-cost brand-boosting digital marketing methods. Implementing a social strategy will gently being to increase these as your interact and engage with others online. Be it a potential customer or other businesses.
Getting started is simple, create social media pages across a variety of platforms that you think are suitable for your business. You can begin interacting with others online by searching for relevant hashtags or pages. This is to find users engaging and talking about topics related to your industry or business.
Ask members of staff or other business partners to begin sharing your page and interacting with your content. Make sure the whole team is sharing to put your content in front of others.
Every time you post you present the content to potentially a fresh pair of eyes. This means the fresh eyes of potential customers.
Fact: After investing a few hours per week, over 91% of marketers claimed that their efforts in social media marketing increased their exposure.
- Increased brand loyalty: Brand loyalty is how partial a consumer is towards one brand or product over various others available. It can increase website traffic, word of mouth brand recommendations, and the conversion of site visits to converted customers.
There are various things you can do to increase brand loyalty. Firstly it’s important to find your feet on social media and how to post content.
Make sure you are posting content that is 100% relevant to your brand. If you’re a fashion brand posting about sports results you may confuse your followers a little bit. This may make your followers feel like you don’t know your brand enough. In turn, this can cause them to hesitate about them investing in you.
Your social media presence should be similar and project the same values of your brand as a whole. Make sure you echo the voice of your brand online at all times. This is to keep things related and easy for your consumers to understand.
Make sure you don’t ignore your followers whether it’s positive or negative. Thank your followers for supporting your business! Reward those who actively participate in online conversation and that share your content.
You could offer a discount code or hold a competition? Encourage them to create related content for your socials for you to share and offer a prize.
Not all online conversations will be positive, unfortunately. If someone has a problem with your service product reach out, and be sympathetic to their needs. Apologize and offer to fix their problem, make sure you own it but rectify it in the most professional way possible.
- Cost-efficient: social media marketing is potentially the most cost-effective marketing tool there is. Social media platforms are free to sign up to. Anyone can set up an online profile, any additional and optional paid advertisements you run on social are relatively low cost.
By engaging with customers on social and providing well-thought-out content, you build a good rapport and trusting relationship with your consumers. If done well, you can build up a loyal community of followers. This community can then share your content, thus creating a wider audience reach completely for free.
- Improved search engine rankings: Social media marketing does not directly impact your search engine rankings. However, it can have a positive impact on your SEO. By sharing your content online you can increase backlinks to your website. The links you share on your social media platforms can create brand exposure and influence your SEO in various directions.
Your shares and engagements across social media platforms have no connection to your SEO rankings. However, when more people share your content through social media it can generate social signals to Google and other search engines. It demonstrates that the content you are producing and sharing is relevant. It indicates that your posts are relevant and useful to your target audience.
- Increase your inbound traffic: Social media gives you an opportunity to tease content, products, or services. incentivising users to click through to read more. Posting quotes from a blog post, and facts about a service or product you offer with a link to your site. This can encourage users to visit your official site encouraging click-through rates.
Once a user is on your site you can really sell your brand to them and hopefully encourage conversations. This doesn’t have to be brand new content, it can be the use of old content to intrigue social media users
Why social media marketing matters in business strategy.
Businesses today are at a massive advantage with the instant communication tools of social media platforms. You have your clients and potential customers at your fingertips.
These platforms offer your brand an opportunity to engage and grow your audience through content creation. Minus the ethical and legalities, you can post whatever you see relevant to your business. Anything from; memes, skits, and infographics and you can design them any way you want with your company branding, colours, or taglines.
It does more than just improve your site traffic and visitors it gives your brand a voice and a personality. An example would be Ryanair’s social media team being praised for their comedic wit and response to Twitter complaints.
Don’t get too excited; Ryanair being hilarious isn’t an excuse to respond to complaints however you see fit on social. It just vies you the idea that sometimes showing some personality and light-heartedness does work.
Overall, it is clear why social media marketing matters in business strategy. It can support your sales by generating buzz, traffic, and potentially more leads and conversions.
Social media presents businesses with excellent opportunities to further their digital marketing and gain a competitive advantage over other businesses. It’s important for businesses especially smaller ones to take advantage of all opportunities to boost their brand.
Here at ROAR, we offer various services to heighten your business! Check out our Digital Marketing Consultancy page for information on how ROAR can help your business.
Contact us today to set up a call with one of our team.
Written by Cora Dixon